I. Start the exam by click the “Start” button
AUTOMATION - Part 2
Select the ONE answer that is BEST in each question!
Congratulations - you have completed AUTOMATION - Part 2. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
See all quizzes of the Automation in Hematology at here:
II. Preview all questions below
1. The Coulter Model M430:
- Provides 10 parameters-WBC, RBC, Hgb, Hct, MCV, MCH, and MCHC.
- Includes aperture viewing, audible counts, automatic coincidence correction, low reagent indicators, electronic aperture cleaning, and operator alerts.
- Provides for each sample to take only 61 seconds to analyze and print results.
- Provides for the following parameters: WBC, RBC, Hgb, Hct, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, MPV, Plt, and a complete WBC differential.
2. Which model of Coulter Counter is capable of running 80 samples per hour?
3. Which Coulter Model Counter possesses the following features: closed-tube auto sampling at 80 samples per hour, automatic differentials, detection, and flagging of significant abnormalities with less than 1 negatives?
- S Plus II.
4. Which model of Coulter Counter has a data management portion that is able to store 270 patient results or 37 composite histograms and patient results?
- S Plus II.
5. The Coulter JS Model has:
- A complete Coulter Histogram Differential with interpretive report.
- The ability to read low regeant indicators.
- Premeasured regeants in color coded vials.
- The capability for XB analysis.
6. Which Coulter Counter features bar code identification of patient specimens; a worklist generation and positive sample identification; and reports of red cell morphology and suspected presence of eosinophilia and basophilia?
7. Autoprocessing can be interrupted for statistics at any time. This is indicative of which Coulter Counter?
8. How many samples per hour and parameters can the T540 basic model provide?
- 40; 2.
- 20; 6.
- 40; 7.
- 15; 12.
9. With what are the JT-Series counters equipped and what is its capability?
- Data terminals; controls the cap-piercing needle.
- Data terminals; performs differentials using the CHD method.
- Push button controls; controls autosampling up to 330 pl.
- Data terminals and bar-code storage are standard; counts 50 to 80 samples per hour.
10. The Coulter MAXM and MAXM AL are:
- Moderate volume throughput instruments (75 samples per hour) that work on a new Coulter WBC differential methodology, called VCS.
- A group of instruments developed to handle moderate volume facilities with throughput of 50 samples per hour.
- Counters with many valuable options, of which auto-sampling from sealed collection tubes, makes this instrument totally automated.
- Operated mainly with individual samples, so they are semi but not a fully automated.
11. What is the next event for the closed-vial samples after they are rocked and moved the sampling mechanism using the Coulter MAXM and MAXM AL?
- The samples are measured.
- They are pierced and bar coded labels are read simultaneously for positive sample ID.
- They are wiped.
- The samples are manually coded and read individually.
12. Over how many WBCs does the STKS study?
- 600 WBC for each differential.
- 6,000 WBC for each differential.
- 7,000 WBC for each differential.
- 8,000 WBC for each differential.
13. How many reagents does the Coulter STKS require?
14. The Sysmex CC-130 Hematology Analyzer:
- Has many valuable options. The autosampling from sealed collection tubes, makes this instrument totally automated.
- Operates mainly with individual samples, so that it is a semiautomated device, not a fully automated instrument.
- Is a small, compact, desktop, semiautomated instrument that provides WBC, RBC, and Hgb analysis.
- Is a compact unit that provides the most frequently asked for parameters such as: WBC, RBC, Hgb, Hct and MCV. It comes with premeasured reagents in color-coded vials.
15. With the Sysmex Model CC-150, the WBC and Hgb are analyzed:
- With other cells.
- None of the above.
16. What happens when abnormal results are detected using the Sysmex Model CC-180?
- Automatic recounts are made for values that are outside of established ranges. Data from the last 10 samples may be displayed on the CRT screen, simultaneously.
- Flow system rinses the entire hydraulic system between samples.
- None of the above.
17. What length of time does it take to perform the complete process on a sample using the Sysmex Model CC-780 Hematology Analyzer?
- 15 sec.
- 20 sec.
- 45 sec.
- 1 min.
18. Using the Sysmex Model CC-780 Hematology Analyzer, approximately how many samples can be run in 1 hour?
19. Which statement is correct for the Sysmex Model E-5000 Hematology Analyzer?
- The E-5000 is a semiautomated hematology analyzer which provides up to 18 parameters of results per specimen.
- The WBC Tri-Model Histogram provides three-cell subpopulation analyses, the RBC histogram, and provides RDW information.
- The PLT histogram provides built in data such as PDW, MPV, and P-LCR.
- Sample size is 300 pl of whole blood and throughput is at 160 samples per hour.
20. Which quantitative values can be obtained using the QBC II System?
- Granulocyte count.
- RBC’s pres ent.
- Total RBC count.
21. The Clay Adams QBC II System operates on the principles of:
- Electrical resistance and optical magnification.
- Mechanical expansion and optical magnification.
- Mechanical expansion and electrical conductivity.
- Electrical resistance and electrical conductivity.
22. The filled volume of the QBC II venous-blood tube is:
- 56 pl.
- 67 pl.
- 100.1 pl
- 111.1 pl
23. The filled volume of the QBC II capillary blood tube is:
- Always 55 pl.
- Always 65 pl.
- Between 55 and 65 pl.
- Between 65 and 111.1 pl.
24. The purpose of coating QBC II tubes with potassium oxalate is to:
- Inhibit clotting of finger-stick blood.
- Stain white cells orange.
- Increase the volume of RBCs.
- Increase the density of RBCs.
25. The float, which is supplied with each QBC tube,
- Is inserted immediately prior to centrifugation.
- Axially expands the formed cell layers.
- Settles into the buffy coat.
- All of the above.